Moving Out - Things to Remember Information
DOWNLOAD THE LETTER MoveOutLetter.Pdf
Move Out Infomation:
Please bring your keys to our office at 1630 W. Walnut Springfield, MO 65806. Failure to remove all of your personal property and have keys back to us by noon on the last day of your lease will result in another months rent being charged to your account.
*** If you pay online and have an automatic payment that pulls before the first of the month you will have to turn it off yourself for the payment not to pull from your account. If this happens the funds are not refunded until the deposit disposition 30 days later (example you pay on 6-28 for 7-1 rent) All other auto payments will turn off after the last day of your lease. ***
Below are some items to double check before you leave to make sure they are done to help keep the costs of repairs down and more of your security deposit coming back to you:
- All light bulbs are working
- All items and trash are removed from the property (hauling anything to the dump for labor and material has ranged from $60 to $300 depending on what is left behind)
- Clean all appliances, including the stove and refrigerator.
- Check your garbage disposal to make sure nothing fell into it while packing.
- Double check all cabinets – its easy to over look something you want to keep.
- Please vacuum all floors so that the carpet cleaners do not have to charge for pre-cleaning.
Normal items to expect on your deposit disposition:
(We will only charge you the labor and materials necessary to reinstate the unit.)
- Cleaning (Starts at $40 and goes up from there)
- Carpet Cleaning (Starts at $50 for a 1 bedroom apartment and goes up from there) - If you would like to hire a professional company to clean the carpets yourself we will need a copy of the paid invoice when you turn in your keys.
- Make Ready Charges (Can include but are not limited to filling nail holes, replacing broken or missing blinds, touch up paint, replacement of bad or missing light bulbs ...)
- Charges for large damages. (Such as large holes in the walls, stains in the carpet, broken windows, pet damage etc.)
- (Please see your copy of the lease for a signed copy of the Deposit Restoration Charges form.)
Security Deposit Refund amounts will not be determined at the time of the walk through. Deposit dispositions will be mailed to the forwarding address you give us or the last known address within 30 days of move out