Moving Out Reminder Letter
DOWNLOAD THE LETTER MoveOutLetter.Pdf
If you plan on moving, then please call us ASAP
Please bring the keys to our office at the address above. Failure to remove all of your personal property and have keys back to us by the time and date listed above will result in another months rent being charged to your account. Make sure you make plans to be completely moved out of the property NO LATER than the time listed above.
*** If you pay online and have an automatic payment that pulls before the first of the month you will have to turn it off yourself for the payment not to pull from your account. If this happens the funds are not refunded until the deposit disposition 30 days later (example you pay on 6-28 for 7-1 rent) All other auto payments will turn off after the last day of your lease. ***
(Please see your copy of the lease for a signed copy of the Deposit Restoration Charges form.)
Moving Check List
Below are some items to double check before you leave to make sure they are done to help keep the costs of repairs down and more of your security deposit coming back to you:
- All light bulbs are working
- All items and trash are removed from the property (hauling anything to the dump for labor and material has ranged from $60 to $300 depending on what is left behind)
- Clean all appliances, including the stove and refrigerator.
- Check your garbage disposal to make sure nothing fell into it while packing.
- Double check all cabinets – its easy to over look something you want to keep.
- Please vacuum all floors so that the carpet cleaners do not have to charge for pre-cleaning.
Normal items to expect on your deposit disposition:
(We may only charge you the items necessary to reinstate the unit. There is no mark up charge.)
- Cleaning (Starts at $40 and goes up from there)
- Carpet Cleaning (Starts at $50 for a 1 bedroom apartment and goes up from there)
- Make Ready Charges (Can include but are not limited to filling nail holes, replacing broken or missing blinds, touch up paint, replacement of bad or missing light bulbs ...)
- Charges for large damages. (Such as large holes in the walls, stains in the carpet, broken windows, pet damage etc.)
Thank you --
At Home Real Estate Services